Thermal Pad, or Thermally Conductive Pad, is a pre-formed sheet of solid material made of a wax, silicone or synthetic matrix that is filled with a composition of thermally conductive microparticles and engineered to conduct heat efficiently from a high-temperature surface to heatsink installed onto it. Once placed pad in between, it softens, fills the surface gaps and boosts heat transfer.
- Where are Thermal Pads used?
General applications: Motherboard VRM, Motherboard Chipset, SSD, DRAM ICs, GPU VRAM, GPU VRM, micro-controller units, MOSFETs and analog ICs.
- Which thickness variant of GP-Extreme / GP-Ultimate will fit my application?
It may vary significantly depending on the device that is supposed to be used with. Please refer to the device manual / instructions or reach out to us for more information.
- Can Thermal Pads be reused?
Unfortunately not, you cannot reuse thermal pads.
- Are Thermal Pads adhesive?
No, thermal pads are not adhesive. You will need a proper mounting to hold the thermal pad with a heatsink.
- Can I stack Thermal Pads?
When using thermal pads, it’s not recommended that you stack one above the other. Doing so will create gaps between the pads and degrade heat transfer.
- Are GP-Extreme / GP-Ultimate compressible?
Yes, you can compress GP-Extreme / GP-Ultimate by up to 30% of thickness with an adequate pressure of the heatsink mounts.
- How long does GP-Extreme / GP-Ultimate last?
GP-Extreme / GP-Ultimate carries a 5 year limited warranty.
- Are Thermal Pads electrically conductive?
Absolutely not! Thermal pads are non-electrically conductive.
- Can I use GP-Extreme / GP-Ultimate with a CPU heatsink?
Yes, you can. Although it’s advisable that you use GC-Extreme Thermal Paste for best performance in CPU applications.
- Where can I find the W/mK specifications of GP-Extreme / GP-Ultimate?
We don’t use the W/mK rating since it may vary depending on your application and doesn’t reflect real-world performance. Please consider the thinnest possible GP-Extreme / GP-Ultimate variant in your application for efficient heat transfer and best performance.